Single-family homes “for sale” in Tampa? Check these statistics first.
Feb 4, 2022
Is Tampa a good place to live?
Are you planning to build your first home or buy a house, but you don't know where to have it? Let's see.
Are you a topophile, someone who loves places? Whether the place is serene, or lively, fully developed or archaic, historic or yet to be recognized–you simply don't care. As long as they are places you can visit, explore and discover progressively.
If you do, we have a suggestion for you, build a home or buy a house for sale in Tampa.
Tampa almost has all the places you can be fond of–historical attractions, museums, botanical garden, incredible theatre, theme parks, archaic neighborhoods, zoos, and many more, which you will find out in a little while.
Does knowing these things make you excited to look for a house for sale in Tampa? Before you go ahead and see single-family homes for sale in Tampa, we invite you to check these statistics to help you decide. We've grouped them into three: statistics that may impact your economic well-being, statistics that may affect your physical well-being, and statistics that may impact your mental well-being.
Statistics that may impact your economic well-being
This section will present the economic data of Tampa we collated from various sources.
Tampa’s Population: 407,599
According to Sperling's Best Places, Tampa's population has grown about 10.4.% since 2020. The growing population is good and is suitable for those who want to start their businesses in Tampa, especially those who plan to sell essential goods. Based on reports, the job market in Tampa increased by 2.3%, and the future job growth in the next ten years is forecasted to be 42.7%. It is 9.2% higher than the projected growth rate for the national level. While no study directly correlates the increase in Tampa's population with employment, we can partly assume that the employment level wouldn't increase if businesses hadn't forecasted growth opportunities.
Here are some more statistics where Tampa performs well economically based on Sperling's Best Places:
- Unemployment rate: 5%, 1% lower than U.S. average
- Average Income: $29,704, 4% higher than the national average
- Tax Rate: 7%, 0.3 lower than the national average
- Income Tax: 0%. Since Tampa is part of Florida–one of the eight states that do not levy income taxes, citizens do not pay income taxes. This rate is comparably low compared to the 4.6% income tax in the U.S. overall.
In addition to the data listed above, here is another statistic from Numbeo:
- Purchasing Power Index, 98.71 (the higher, the better, a good indication of the economy)
Those are, by far, the statistics that we think could benefit your economic well-being. How have you found them so far? Does it make sense if you're already considering buying single-family homes for sale in Tampa?
For now, let's move on to the next set of statistics that we believe is vital in considering whether Tampa is your place to be or not. Most of them came from Numbeo, which gives survey-based results.
Statistics that may impact your physical well-being
1. Health Care Index 68.08, High. (Good) Please see the list below for the specifics
- Convenience of healthcare locations 86.96 (Very high, good)
- Equipment for modern diagnosis and treatment 85.56, (Very high, good)
- Speed in completing examinations and reports 76.09 (High, good)
- Skill and competency of medical staff 67.93 (High, good)
- Accuracy and completeness in filling out reports 71.59, (High, good)
- Friendliness and courtesy of the staff 76.67, (High, good)
2 Pollution Index 29.2 Low (Good)Please see the list below for the specifics
- Air quality, 80.21 (Very high, good)
- Garbage Disposal Satisfaction, 86.93 (Very high, good)
- Comfortable to spend time in the city, 80.43 (Very high, good)
- Health Cost Index: 4.2% cheaper than the national average. (BestPlaces)
If you want to know more about other indices, please click here.
Statistics that could impact your mental well-being
When looking for a place where you want to put up your dream home, don't just consider your physical and economic benefits. Make sure that your mental well-being is being taken care of as well. Without peace of mind and joy, earning a higher wage and being fit physically are not enough. So, in this article, we've also included statistics for your mental well-being.
- Overall Crime rate: 20% lower than Florida's average (Areavibes)
- Livability Score of 74%, excellent (Areavibes)
Tampa, like any other place, has some more weaknesses. If you're wondering what others are saying about Tampa, please view them here.
With the current state of the pandemic, when travel restrictions between borders are implemented from time to time, there is another statistic that we would like you to consider when looking for a single-family home. That is the number of amazing activities you can do and recreation centers that you can visit.
Are you wondering how many activities can Tampa offer?
Let's see by taking a quick look at each of those places and the activities that you can do with them:
A. Theme Parks and other extreme activities
1. Busch Gardens Tampa
2. Empower Adventures Tampa Bay
3. Skatepark of Tampa
4. Dinosaur World
B. Nature, wildlife, and historical exhibits
1. Weedon Island Preserve ( including The Cultural and Natural History Center)
2 University of South Florida Botanical Gardens
3. Big Cat Rescue
4. The Florida Aquarium
5. Tampa Bay History Center
C. Art and Science
1. Museum of Science and Industry (Tampa)
2. Tampa Museum of Art
3. Tampa Theatre
D. Food and Nightlife
2. Ybor City
3. Tampa RiverWalk
4. Tampa Bay Food Tours
5. International Plaza and Bay Street
Aside from those activities, if you want something different, you can look forward to the beaches in Clearwater, Pinellas County. Note that it will only take less than an hour for you to experience the beach with the whitest and softest sands in the region. You can also roam around various parks in Lutz and Safety Harbor. Try exciting rides in Tampa Bay CityPASS, watch concerts and shows (once restrictions are lifted), and of course, try exciting foods!
After knowing all the trivia and statistics about Tampa, how did a topophile like you find the city? Are you already considering this place? Have you decided to look for single-family homes for sale in Tampa City, Florida?
Don’t wait for your retirement before starting a beautiful life in Tampa. Considering the statistics shared above plus the different amazing places, Tampa is definitely a good place to live. Take your chance, topophiles!
This article was last updated on Mar 20, 2023